Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Concept Pitch

A week ago we had to propose a level idea for our "Computer Animation for Games" class (which is a bit of a misnomer but no one really minds). As a class we're going to be spending the next two months or so creating the assets for a level, including modular buildings and props and environmental pieces and things. We all had to submit our own ideas and everyone would have a vote.


My pitch (in brief) was for a Venetian style city that was in a great drought and was on the brink of a civil war. I wonder if my concept art would have benefited from some photobashing or a different color scheme.  I was excited about old Italian buildings and bridges and floating gondolas and cannons, but my idea didn't get picked. Now that I know more about modular building and Maya, and the idea we are currently working on doesn't seem to involve intensive modeling, I might try and play around with it still.

No comments:

Post a Comment